Friday, May 1, 2009


5-1-09
Mark and I decided we should call DR. Newkirk today and before I made the call Jennie from GUH called me to set up Caleb's pre-op appointment which she called back to say he didn't need.
So here's what we know so far; Surgery is scheduled for 7:30 AM on Tuesday May 12th. We need to be there at 5:30 AM. Many questions remain such as how long will the surgery be? How long will the hospital stay be? How long will recovery be once we get home?...and I'm sure some that I can't think of right now.
We met a family in the surgery waiting area when Caleb was in surgery on the 21st, the 27 year old daughter was in the first day of a two day surgery which required a craniotomy due to a tumor on her brain stem. First day was to open the area and was apx. a 10 hour surgery and the next day was even longer to remove the tumor. I am able to follow her progress via the blog and also correspond with Bev her Mom via email. I know God covers every detail of our lives because in meeting this family some of my fears have been lessened and seeing the effect prayer has on Kristin and seeing all involved trust God is truly an inspiration to me. Thank you Kristin, family and friends!!

Please continue to pray for Caleb and the upcoming surgery, he continues to be so brave and doesn't seem fearful at all.

When we were first in the hospital for the meningitis I was doing my devotions the 3rd morning we were there and this is what I read: John 9:1-3
"As he passed by he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him,"Rabbi, who sinned this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" Jesus answered, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him."
My ESV study Bible explains vs. 3: That the works of God might be displayed in him indicates that God in his mysterious and wise providence sometimes allows his children to go through hardship and suffering so that they can experience God's mercy and power in delivering them. - this was such a comfort to me knowing our God is so good even in our suffering!!

Well that's it for now as soon as we know more I'll post again.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Genoa and family! This is Kristin (Bev's daughter). I just wanted to let you all know that I have been praying for you & will continue to do so! I'm not going to lie...the process is long and difficult. But the presence in which I feel God in my life right now is unexplicable. Hang in there and keep the faith. Please remember that our personal pains and disappoinments in life are NEVER about us individually! God uses us as living testimonials. Praise Him!!!

    ReplyDelete